Monday, August 29, 2011

Meet Our Vendors- Paper from Heaven



Hey guys and gals, It's Meagan again.
Today we are hanging out with Katie over at Paper from Heaven.
Sew Funky Market: When did you first open your shop? What made you decide to open your shop?
Paper from Heaven: Paper From Heaven was created in August 2009, I had opened a online bakery earlier that year. I originally decided to open my bakery "Heaven Baked Sweets" because everyone told me my food was so good I could sell it, so I tried it out! After a few months of being online and selling and working from home I was hooked. That's when Paper From Heaven came along, although it originally started as paper crafts and once I got my sewing machine it morphed into the hand sewn products it is today.
SFM: What is your best selling item? What is your favorite item to create?
PFH: My best selling item, that's a hard one. For a long time it was my diaper covers because that's what I sold the most of. This summer I've transitioned my shop into bags
and kids,
I haven't had everything up for long enough to see a favorite trend. Honestly I don't know that I have a favorite to create, they all are basically the same process just a different product. I really like going from choosing fabric to a finished product, it's something that makes me smile. My newest item is the "Charlotte Skirt", I am having so much fun creating skirts and girly items because I only have boys.
SFM: Tell us more about yourself
PFH: My day job consist of being a wife, mom (3 boys under 5) and keeping track of our great dane puppy that's almost 8 months old. My husband is a great help around the house and with the kids to ensure that I am able to devote time to my business. One of my favorite things to do is spend time with the family, like mini vacations. Since my schedule is so flexible we're able to make trips to the beach, mountains, parks or just wherever. I enjoy doing crafts and making things from food to home decorations to things with the kids.
 SFM: Where do you see your shop in the future?
PFH: My shop goal is for people to have items in their life that help them to have a fun and functional lifestyle. I desire for my items to be useful so that people would feel they need them and actually use them.  My husband and I often talk about re-opening my bakery "Heaven Baked Sweets" in an brick and mortar store. It's a dream we have, although something we're not ready to commit our lives to with our small children. I struggle with still desiring to have the time to sew, something I've fallen in love with over the past few years.
Be sure to visit Katie at her brand new (dot)com, on her blog, Facebook, and on twitter!
Oh, and be sure to sign up for her newsletter!


I got to know Katie, her husband, and their youngest son, Jonah at the first Sew Funky Market as we were neighboring vendors. She is so down to earth and her products are gorgeous. If only my sewing skills were up to her level *sigh*

Come back next week for more fun interviews. -Meagan

1 comment:

  1. I grew up with these two! :) I'm happy to see how God has blessed your lives. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete