Thursday, September 22, 2011

Meet Our Vendors-A Handcrafted Home

Hi there! Meagan here again.
Today we are meeting Brittany from A Handcrafted Home.

Sew Funky Market: When did you first open your shop? What made you decide to open your shop?
 A Handcrafted Home:  A Handcrafted Home Etsy shop and blog both launched in June 2011.  As I was finishing up my last semester of college everyone was asking about my plans post graduation and I wasn’t quite sure how to answer them.  As graduation drew closer, I decided to really invest my time and creativity into something I truly enjoyed. I was already rescuing old pieces of furniture and making used items work in my own home so my husband encouraged me to open an Etsy shop.  The best part is that I’m truly able to do something I love.  
SFM: What is your best selling item? What is your favorite item to create?
AHH:  Each one of my pieces is unique, so I don’t have one top selling item.  The whole purpose of my shop is to recycle old items by refinishing, repurposing or simply reusing them.  My favorite items are the ones that I’ve been able to recreate entirely.
SFMWhere do you find you creative inspiration?
AHH:  There are several blogs that I read for inspiration including Design*Sponge and Creature Comforts.  I also LOVE Pinterest because I’m able to see what others find inspiring which in turn inspires me.  I also find a lot of ideas in thrift stores and antique stores. 
SFM: What are you most looking forward to about the upcoming Sew Funky Market?
AHH: This is my first craft fair as a vendor which makes me incredibly excited to be part of this special event.  I can’t wait to meet all of the other vendors and chat with all of the people coming to the Sew Funky Market.  I am also preparing some very special items especially for the market and I can’t wait to share them with everyone.

 Be sure to follow Brittany on Etsy, Facebook, Twitter, and on her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment